NEBC, 60 Chandler Rd, Andover, MA 01810
A word spoken in due season, how good it is!
Welcome to our Secret Sisters Program!
Give and receive the gift of encouragement, prayer and friendship! Participants will each be given a ‘sister’ to pray for and encourage through notes and and small gifts, all while keeping your identity a secret. In turn, you will receive the same from your secret sister.
The program starts in January 2019 and ends with our Secret Sister Reveal in May. Sign up using the form below. Contact Leslie Thompson with any questions.
What are your responsibilities as a Secret Sister?
- Know that it is a commitment. The lady you are assigned will be expecting you to uphold her in your prayers and she should be able to rely on you for encouragement.
- Pray daily for your sister. Get to know her needs and her family’s needs so that you may pray specifically for them. Praying daily for your sister will strengthen you, and the rewards can be immeasurable!
- Make an effort to get to know your sister. Discover the likes and dislikes of your sister. Know her favorites. Find out all about her.
- Be an encouragement to your sister. Send her cards or notes of encouragement at least once a month (small gifts are acceptable, too).
- Remember your sister on her special occasions. Don’t forget to send cards (or small gifts) for her birthday and anniversary or special landmarks in your sister’s life.
- Keep it a secret! Don’t let anyone know whom you have. Leave your cards or notes when no one is around or have someone else deliver them.
- If you are unable to continue, please contact Leslie Thompson. If you find you are unable to continue participating in the Secret Sister program, let someone know so another ‘sister’ can be found for the lady you were assigned.
- Above all, have fun and enjoy getting to know your sisters! You can be the instrument that God has placed in this person’s life to give them the encouragement they need right when they need it.